The Botanical Garden in St. Petersburg was created primarily for professionals, but the beauty of its exposures attracts a wide variety of visitors.
The Palace Embankment in St. Petersburg. The very first city embankment, which was subjected to massive building and decoration, as early as 1705 it was built the house of F. M. Apraksin, who set the line for the construction of all subsequent buildings. Its length along the banks of the Neva is 1,300 m.
The Palace Square in St. Petersburg is a place loved by guests and residents of the city, the heart of the Northern capital. It is one of the most beautiful architectural ensembles in the world. The best Russian architects worked on his creation. Its name was given by the name of the Winter Palace, designed by the architect F.B. Rastrelli in the middle of the 18th century.
The House of the Book is located in the House of Singer and occupies three floors. Department of children's literature is located on the 2 floor and occupies exactly half the room. By the way, on the same floor there is a department of stationery and cafes, where it is very pleasant to relax after traveling between book shelves, while the child will spend an endless stream of energy in the children's corner. Names and types of books are absolutely impossible to list, there are more than 120 thousand. To find the right one, it is worth to turn to the staff of the reference and bibliographic department in the center of the first floor.
Otherwise, as the "Minerva on the throne", Russian called Sumarokov Catherine the Great. The same comparison comes to mind when you get to Catherine Square on the former Alexandrinsky Square. The bronze figure, frozen in a powerful and ceremonial pose, holds a scepter and a laurel wreath - symbols of power and glory.
The palace and park ensemble on the Elagin Island is an object of UNESCO's cultural heritage. Once the royal residence, Elagin Island from the middle of the last century passed into the possession of the state and became the Central Park of Culture and Recreation, from that moment it opened its doors to all comers.
In the center of St. Petersburg, on the corner of Nevsky Prospekt and Malaya Sadovaya Street, is the famous oldest Russian deli - the Yeliseyevs 'merchants' shop. Here are fish and meat delicacies, fine spirits, aromatic spices, natural oils and sauces, French desserts from the pastry chef, handmade chocolate and fresh pastries from your own bakery.
Kamennoostrovsky Avenue stretches for 3.5 kilometers from north to south from the Trinity Bridge and Troitskaya Square to the Ushakovsky Bridge across Bolshaya Nevka.
City Day On May 27, 2012, after the reconstruction, the Summer Garden in St. Petersburg was opened. The work lasted about three years and the restorers did everything possible to make the visitors see the Summer Garden as it was in the 18th century. Having visited this green island in the very center of the Northern capital, we will be transported to the past era and we will be able to better understand the beautiful city sung by the poets on the Neva.
The Mikhailovsky Garden is one of the rarest monuments of landscape architecture of the 18th - first third of the 19th centuries, representing a unique combination of two different styles of landscape art in one territory - regular or "French" and landscape or "English."
Peterhof was founded at the very beginning of the XVIII century by Emperor Peter I and became one of the most luxurious summer royal residences and a symbol of Russia's conquest of the access to the Baltic Sea. Annually, GMZ "Peterhof" is visited by four and a half million people. It includes the sights of the southern coast of the Gulf of Finland.
Petropavlovka is one of the favorite places for walking with children in St. Petersburg. Here you can: walk along the bastions, go to the cathedral, prison and climb the bell tower; to go back in time and see how people lived two or three centuries ago; something to learn about space and something to carry away to memory.
Between the Engineering and Italian streets, in the heart of St. Petersburg, is the Arts Square. You can come here by metro. The nearest stations are Gostiny Dvor and Nevsky Prospekt. The area, which is an integral element of the historical development of St. Petersburg, is classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
That there is only one name - Kisses Bridge - a traditional place for meetings and meetings for romance. People just come here to enjoy the beauty and splendor of Northern Palmyra.
The Azimut Hotel in St. Petersburg is located in one of the tallest buildings in the center of the Northern Capital. Cafe Azimut Sky bar is located on the 18th floor of the hotel and is an excellent viewing platform.
The arrow of Vasilievsky Island in St. Petersburg is one of the main and most beautiful ensembles of the Northern capital. From here, from the Exchange Square, there are two embankments - Universitetskaya and Makarova. This is one of the favorite places for Petersburgers and guests of the city.
Famous figures of Sphinxes were installed on the waterfront opposite the building of the Academy of Arts in St. Petersburg, designed by architect ka Ton in 1832-1834.
The Tauride Garden originated as a garden at the Tauride Palace, built in 1783-1789. This ensemble became one of the monuments of Russia's victory in the wars of the end of the XVIII century. His master was a participant in victorious wars GA Potemkin. The palace with a garden was built on Potemkin's personal funds, bought out by the Treasury and returned to Catherine II as an imperial gift, along with the gift of the title of the Most Serene Prince Tavrichesky.
Bronze Chizhik-pyzhik sculptor Gabriadze RL - one of the symbols of the Northern capital. It was installed in 1994 on the embankment of the Fontanka River, near the water, near the house number 6, where the Imperial College of Law was formerly. According to the St. Petersburg legend, the students of this institution were nicknamed "fizzy" for the special color of the uniform and hats made from deer fur, or rather from the calves' fur, called "pyzhiki".
Ostrovsky Square is a large architectural ensemble in the heart of the Northern Capital. Here are interesting cultural and historical objects: monuments, the Alexandrinsky Theater (one of the most technically advanced scenes), the national library, the Anichkov Palace garden and many others.
One of the most interesting attractions of the ensemble is Catherine's Garden.
John Lennon Street is an arch with bas-reliefs of participants of the "Liverpool Four", the famous yellow submarine on the wall, a temple that conducts services for the sake of love and peace. And this is an example of how one simple person, devoted to his ideals and idols, can create something meaningful and valuable.
The garden of Saint-Germain is a cozy green corner that has existed since 1905. Here, in the middle of a noisy metropolis, you can safely rest from bustle and strangers.
Restorers, builders, scientists worked on a unique exposition. The result of the painstaking work was a unique and very atmospheric museum.
The history of the monument is connected with the blockade, during which Leningrad was dying of hunger. However, trouble does not come alone, and soon the hordes of rats attacked the city. They fed on the bodies of the deceased, attacked the weakened, destroyed scarce supplies, carried diseases. After the breakthrough of the blockade, a "Meowing Division" arrived in the city to fight the disaster - 4 carriages of Yaroslavl cats, which were immediately sold, despite the high price. When the blockade was lifted, another 5,000 cats arrived, this time from Siberia. They were settled in museums and palaces.
Fountain-clock - a unique composition called "Cascade - a rotating ball." It consists of twelve granite steps with figures of bronze and a marble ball, which weighs almost 740 kg, but it freely rotates under the pressure of water jets. Initially, the direction of the jets changed every hour, as did the rotation of the ball. The water ran down the steps and hit the numbers, indicating the time.
The yard with an interactive globe, called the "Blockade Globe", and unofficially - "Remember!", Is on Nevsky Prospect. It borders on the house 14 and school №210. There is another remarkable thing here: a blockade sign with the inscription "Citizens! With shelling this side of the street is most dangerous "(there are now only 4 in the city and 2 in Kronstadt).
The cozy Pushkin Square is located on the street of the same name, making up one whole with it. It was founded in the XIX century so that the inhabitants of the city could relax in a picturesque green corner. The main attraction of the square is the monument to Pushkin, which was opened in 1884.
Monument to I. A. Krylov on the project of P. K. von Klodt, installed in 1855 in the Summer Garden near the main avenue, is a magnificently decorated sculpture. The writer, holding a notebook and a pen, sits on a rock, towering over a multitude of small bronze sculptures and bas-reliefs depicting the characters of his fables. The monument is noteworthy, in addition to beauty, because it is one of the first monuments in Russia in honor of Russian writers.
A monument to the lantern - or to a resting man, or to the dejected boredom - is set on Odessa street, where for the first time in the world an electric street lamp was switched on. This happened on September 11, 1873. The lighting device was installed by A. Lodygin - the inventor of the incandescent lamp, whose workshop was located on this street.
Sculpture "Petersburg photographer" B. Petrova and L. Domracheva appeared on Malaya Sadova on January 25, 2001. According to the authors, this is a generalized image of St. Petersburg photographers of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The location of the monument is historic. It is installed opposite the museum.
A hare sculpture, 58 cm high, is set to the left of the Ioann Bridge. Its authors are the sculptor V. Petrovichev and the architect S. Petchenko. The opening of the miniature monument was held on the anniversary of the Northern Capital - May 17, 2003. It serves as a reminder of the floods of the city on the Neva.
The bronze cat, which residents of St. Petersburg called Silence Matroskina, originally had to side with Vasilisa and Elisha. However, this miniature sculpture of V. Petrovichev first long was in his studio, then changed two more places of "residence". And only in mid-2005 was given to the leader of the creative group "Mitki".
A simple courtyard house 2 on the street. Tchaikovsky not so long ago turned into a work of contemporary art. Restored the space beyond recognition V. Lubenko (teacher, artist, philosopher, psychologist) and his students. Everything in this yard is decorated with a mosaic of colored glass - resting places, walls, sculptures, which also appeared on the original decorator's idea, playground.
Near the main building of St. Petersburg State University in late 2002, established the first full-fledged monument to a cat in Russia. This modest, minimalistic sculpture is a token of gratitude to those cats who have brought priceless benefits in the course of laboratory research.
The cat museum, the first and only in Russia, is located in Vsevolozhsk. It was established in 2008 and has become an incredibly extensive collection of everything that is connected with beloved by many domestic pets.
Karl Karlovich Bulla - the most famous in Russia master of documentary and portrait photography, a personal photographer of the royal family, a reporter for foreign journals.
The 20th century was a severe test for Russia. The most massive state terror occurred in 1937-1938. Shocking chronicles of those years were described by A. Solzhenitsyn in the work "The Gulag Archipelago". For those who read it, something in the picture of the world turns forever - the state has shot hundreds of its own citizens, sent millions behind bars.
Rotunda, built in the XVIII century, is the most enigmatic and even frightening architectural monument of St. Petersburg. An inconspicuous sort of house in the usual style for the Northern capital is interesting from the inside. Along its walls there are curved staircases, everything is covered with graffiti, drawings.
"Petrovskaya Aquatoria" - a mock-up of St. Petersburg of the XVIII century, as well as its suburbs. Each building, ship or tree is made by hand with high detail, which makes the miniature city really "alive". Remote objects can be viewed with binoculars. In the "Water" is an interesting excursion about Peter's Petersburg.
The jazz bar "48 Chairs" attracts a very special atmosphere. This is a traditional restaurant where visitors can taste a variety of delicious dishes and original drinks, sitting at tables of dark wood, covered with starched tablecloths. However, this is only one side of the institution.
"Pushkinskaya-10" for many - a symbol of art-house, something elite, not for everyone. This opinion is the same and true, and no. The Art Center has been known since the time of the Union. Here, in its territory, is the famous street of John Lennon.
The monument to S. D. Dovlatov, a journalist and writer, was inaugurated on September 4, 2016. The day before, Sergei Donatovich would have turned 75 years old. The monument is located at: ul. Rubinstein, 23. Here the writer has lived more than three decades. From the United States, where Dovlatov was for a long time in exile, his daughter and widow came to the ceremony.
The mythological lions brought to the northern capital from China were installed in the early 20th century. Shi-tsza - it's actually not just lions, and half-frogs are the essence-keepers, which were originally made of granite for chapel gene. Chan.
The tower of griffons in St. Petersburg is called the remnant of the brick pipe of the boiler house in the courtyard of one of the oldest pharmacies in the city. It is located on the 7th line of the Vasilievsky Island in the courtyard of the house No. 16. In the second half of the XIX century the building belonged to the pharmacist Wilhelm Pele - a man with a mystical halo.
Loft project "Floors" is a multifunctional art space organized in the building of the former bread-baking plant as a design of the Archipenko brothers architectural bureau. For more than 10 years, the creative cluster has become a fashionable St. Petersburg trendetter and a platform for start-ups.
The sculpture "St. Petersburg Angel" in Izmaylovsky Garden was created by the winner of the Symposium of City Sculpture architect Roman Shustrov. In this case, it is completely devoid of pathos.
The palace bridge is a symbol of the white nights. At his breeding tourists come from all over the world. This majestic design is 260 meters long and 27.8 meters wide. The bridge connects the city center with the arrow of Vasilievsky Island. In tsarist times he was considered to be the main one in the city.
The Field of Mars is a place for rest and leisurely walks in the city center. On the Moika River, water excursions are sent from the marinas along the field.
Popular holiday destination in St. Petersburg - shop "Subscriptions" – offers to get acquainted with the circulation of independent publishers, translations, intellectual literature. Meetings with writers are organized here. There are two halls, including a cafe. The book can be pre-read, sitting at the table, and then decide on the purchase."Subscriptions" publish books, collections of icons with mythical characters.